Friday, May 23, 2014

Pinterest Tested: Wedding Card Album

Only 7 1/2 months later, (most of) our wedding cards are in a nice pretty album!  I am a big fan of cards - I love sending them for every holiday and receiving them is always fun, too ;).  We were given so many beautiful wedding cards, I really wanted to find a way to keep them all together.  I found a tutorial on Pinterest months ago and decided to try it out this week.

I went to Michael's and got all of my supplies for about $30 (thank you 30% off entire purchase coupon!).  The album rings they had were pretty big; I thought they would be too big until I realized how many cards we had... then I thought they may be too small.


I started by making the album cover following the tutorial instructions, easy enough and came out pretty cute!

Then the issues started. dun dun dun.

See that little pink hole-puncher in the picture up top?  I attempted to punch one card, literally my first card, and the thing warped.  So that's the end of that stupid hole-puncher.  I ended up bringing an industrial hole-puncher home from work (just to be safe) and got all my pretty cards ready!

I started putting them in the ring and when I got about halfway, I realized there is NO WAY all my cards would fit!  So now I have a really cute album... with a stack of cards sitting next to it.


 
I love how my album came out! ...I just need to find a larger album ring.  The tutorial I used was awesome and super helpful, too.  If you're looking for a way to keep cards together (birthday, Christmas... I mean, really, the possibilities are endless ;), check it out!
 
Any suggestions on what my next Pinterest test should be?  Hope everyone has an awesome Memorial Day weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment