Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Drop it Like a Squat

In the never ending journey to get a body like Jessica Alba, I have incorporated weight lifting into my work out routine.  My husband is kicking my ass at the gym and I am starting to see changes in my body.  Yet, when I'm at the gym, it's hard not to notice my fellow gym rats and some of them are quite interesting.  There is only one way I know how to share with you my people watching ways, a list.

10 People You See at the Gym

1. Batman

I mean he must be Batman, right?!  He has a Batman t-shirt, cellphone case, Batman socks and his sneakers are black and yellow... to match anything and everything Batman themed.
 

2. That Girl

You know exactly who I'm talking about.  Wearing teeny-tiny booty shorts and a super-cute Lulu Lemon top, she is in insane shape and looks amazing... damn her!
 

3. Balloon Animal

He has trouble putting his arms down.  Cleary a believer in all natural supplements, his muscles look like they could literally burst out of his skin.  Often seen wearing at tank top or t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off.  Come on now, those arms can't fit in sleeves!
 

4. Cardio Bunny

How can she run for like 20 minutes straight at level 11?!  I do 30-second sprints at an 8 or a 9, and girlfriend is barely breaking a sweat on mile 5.
 

5. Super future Mom

I can only hope I'm in as good of shape when I'm 7 months prego.
 

6. Anyone you went to high school with

No need to go to a high school reunion if I just go to the gym.
 

7. Khaki Shorts Guy (interchangeable with Jorts Man)

Probably not the best choice of clothing to workout in.  Side note, I also saw a girl working out in kitten heel, knee high, black leather boots.  #1. Why do you even own kitten heel, knee high, black leather boots?  #2. The gym... really?
 

8. "Personal" Trainer

He may not actually work at the gym or even be a personal trainer, but he'll come over in the middle of your set to correct you.  Thanks, pal!
 

9. The Old Man

He is totally my motivation to keep going.  He must be at least 75, shows up everyday in the same outfit and bench-presses.  I'm more impressed by him than anyone else!
 

10. The High School Squad 

Somebody just got their driver's license because they all arrived together in Blah Blah High School tees (with the sleeves cut off, duh).
 
Have you seen these people at the gym?  Am I overthinking this?  Am I crazy?  Okay, don't answer that last one.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment