Monday, July 21, 2014

Outdoor Makeover for Under $500!

Over the past few weeks we've taken our back deck from basic and boring to colorful and welcoming!  Before I get into the details, here's a quick before and after:



Before picking out new furniture, the first step in the process was repainting the decks.  I volunteered to help Scott, but I came home and it was done (ahhhh... it's the best when that happens).  That was the first $50 spent.  Our original furniture plan was to put a sectional in where the loveseats are now.  I found two options that I loved, but the only couch still in stock was going to cost us over $1,000.

I ended up coming across two loveseats on clearance at Target for $109 each!  My lovely bff Melissa and I picked out a bunch of pillows, an cute outdoor rug, and some wall décor for $375 total.  I ended up selling our current deck furniture for $80 on Craigslist (thanks, Eugene!); at this point we've spent around $345.


I ordered a big solar lantern from Target, spending another $28.  I found a side table I really liked for the corner where to loveseats meet, but it got "lost in the mail" so the search went on!  We added a flower pot and a planter on the ledge to bring even more color in and I moved my new lemon tree outside for the summer.



It can't be too long until I can make lemonade, right?!
We really wanted to get a fire pit table, and ended up finding the perfect one at Home Depot on end-of-season (it's only mid-July but okay...) clearance for $99!  That, my friends, is a steal.  If you're doing the math, we've spent about $472 so far.


I've found a perfect side table from Target for $26, so (once it arrives) this project will check out at $498!!!!  I am so happy with how the space turned out and I feel like we have an additional living space.  We have already spent a night relaxing outside, and I am excited for when we can have people over and make s'mores!

I am in the Outer Banks this week, so I have a couple of fun posts planned.  I'm hoping to write a review and my list of must-see places in OBX!  Check in later this week, and Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Gina, what a difference! So cute and inviting now and at the right price. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makeover, Gina! You created such a relaxing spot for you and your husband to enjoy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete