Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November Favorites

I'm a little late to the party seeing as we're already three days into December, but it's time for another favorites!  Let's jump right in.....

1. Songs


Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars


I've been blasting this song pretty much daily (sorry neighbs) 'cause it puts me in the best mood and just can't help but dance to it.  I love how old school it sounds and it's so fun to listen to pretty much anywhere.

I'm Not the Only One - Sam Smith


And I know and I know and I know and I know and I kn-owww, I just can't get enough of this song! (You have to sing that line to the tune of the song...)  But seriously, Sam Smith's voice is like butta and it's lovely to hear someone with a really different and ah-mazing sound.

2. Memory



This month started out awesome with my momma's birthday and the Race for Hope.  I went to a paint night with my sister (in-law) and did a kitchen project with Scott.  I did some baking and house decorating, and had a fantastic Thanksgiving - it was a pretty good month!  My favorite memory was on the first of the month - my Mom's birthday.  We had so much fun surprising her all day and surrounding her with her favorite people.  And I love hosting people at my house, so to have 10 people join us for a birthday dinner was just awesome!

3. Body Product



After having an allergic reaction to about 56413454 different types of soap, I have found one (and tested if for a couple months) that I love, love, love!  I mentioned this in my Farmer's Market Favorites, but Ellen April soaps are just so heavenly I'm bringing them up again.  The suds up nicely and smell incredible, a new bar was the first thing on my Christmas wish list this year!

4. Thing/Accomplishment/Brag-Time



Scott and I did our kitchen back splash all by ourselves!!!  And we didn't even want to kill each other after!!!  The picture above isn't the latest, we added outlet covers and caulked the bottom edge, but here's a look at our masterpiece!  I'll be posting before and after pictures of the kitchen once it's 100% done, but I am so damn proud of that back splash.  It was a time-consuming, not super fun, but easy project, and I'm just glad we were able to do it (and save $500!).

---------------------------------------------------

I hope you all had a great month and be sure to check back on Friday because I'm announcing an exciting new series that will be happening here next week!  See you then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment