Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend in Pictures: Halloween, a Yoga Surprise & the Race for Hope

What a weekend!  We stayed busy all weekend, starting with Halloween on Friday.  I was able to dress up for work, so I went as a ballerina.  I got a whopping 4 votes in the costume contest (3 were bribed with spiced candied pecans) and lost to a man dressed as Diana Ross.  Guess I didn't have much of a chance...

As tradition goes, Scott and I handed out candy at my sister-in-laws while they took the kid out trick-or-treating.  Abby and Chase were dressed as Princess Jasmine (pronounced Jabs-Min according to Abs) and Aladdin.  I loved seeing all the kids come around.  I heard about a drinking game where you take a shot each time you see a Frozen character... I saw 3- whomp whomp.



Cutest family ever!



Saturday was my Mom's 60th birthday and did we have plans for her!  She insisted she didn't want a big party, but we still wanted to get her friends together to celebrate how great she is.  I thought of throwing a surprise yoga party, and my sisters and I started planning.  I tricked her into thinking we were going to a regular class and when we showed up, she was shocked to say the least.





We turned the party into something more important, a food drive!  Thank you to all who donated.
Saturday night I hosted Mom's birthday dinner at my house.  That afternoon her very best friend showed up as another surprise, so we had a full house :).  I put together a chili bar for dinner and it was a big hit.  It was super easy to prepare ahead of time, and everyone could customize their own dish.  We opened gifts and chatted, it was great to have everyone there!






My Aunt Lisa, Mom & Aunt Lydia.

Mom and Hannah.




Happy Birthday Ma!

Sunday morning we got up bright and early to walk in the Race for Hope, an event to help raise awareness for brain cancer research.  Our team, Jim's Geniuses, walks in honor of my dad.  It was a chilly morning, but we had a bunch of great friends join us.  Thank you so much to everyone who donated and walked with us, it means so much to have the support each year.

Sorry my pictures are mostly blurry - I was walking backwards while taking them!







Jim's Geniuses 2014!

Freezing at the end, but we made it!

My love bug :)

The Dwyer Ladies!

A weekend full of family time and fun is awesome, but we were wiped on Sunday.  We got home just in time for the Eagles game, and then I sat on the couch until Melissa reminded me about a sale at AC Moore!  Ha!  After a little shopping, some sushi and TWD were the perfect ending to an awesome weekend.

This week our granite gets installed!!!  I'm just a little excited to get rid of our 1994 Florida teal laminate counter tops.  Happy Monday - have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment