Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Philadelphia's Christmas Village

This past Saturday, my mom and I took the train into the city to visit the Christmas Village in Love Park.  A bunch of different vendors get together in the park and sell all kinds of food and treats, ornaments, hand made goods and decor.  We lucked out with a day in the mid-40's, but still bundled up for our walk around the village.



This sign made me feel guilty about our tree... one year we will have a real one again!
The first stand that drew us in was full of beautiful Turkish lanterns, bowls and towels from Silk Road Traders.  The lanterns were all different colors and sizes, and the bowls were hand painted.  All the colors were beautiful and the Turkish towels were so soft, I loved this booth.




We walked around and saw stands filled with Bacon Jam (interesting), tons of jewelry, lots of German sweets, and colorful finger puppets.  I almost got sucked into the crepes, but wanted to save my "treat" for something else I saw people carrying around!





One thing I really loved was the "Wish Wall."  I thought it was so sweet that people added their wishes and positive thoughts; a nice reminder of what this season is all about.


Ally is not messing around with her wish ;)
My favorite stand was full of hand blown Egyptian glass ornaments.  I am obsessed with Christmas ornaments, so we spent more than a couple minutes looking through all these beauties before picking out two to bring home to my tree!



And then, of course, there are all of the treats!  We tried a couple macarons from Baked by Tiffany and mom got chocolate dipped mandarin oranges.  And then I found what I was looking for all day, the Wandering Waffle!  I tried a bacon bits waffle with Nutella and it was worth saving up some calories for!  Perfect warm treat on a chilly day!




Such a fun day with my momma! If you are interested in visiting the Christmas Village, it will be in Love Park through December 28th and you can find more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment