Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Everyday Make-up

My everyday make-up routine has evolved over the years.  When I was younger (we're talking middle school), it consisted of Lip Smacker's Cotton Candy lip gloss, black under-eye liner, and clumpy mascara.  Obviously it was a pretty good look.

Over the years I went through glitter eye-shadow phases, using just concealer for my face, pressed powders, loose powders... you name it.  In college I started to figure out what suited my skin and overall look the best, and I would say in the past two years or so, this has become my everyday routine.  It may look like a long list, but I have it down to about 10 minutes and 30 seconds (normally on a Monday morning after hitting snooze a few times).
  1. Foundation
    • Covergirl 3-in-1 (full review here)
    • Apply with a beauty blender
  2. Concealer
    • Hard Candy Glamoflauge
    • Apply to blemishes and blend with beauty blender
  3. Under-eye brightener
    • Dream Lumi Under Eye Brightener
    • Apply under eyes and blend with beauty blender
  4. Eye shadow primer
    • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
    • Apply to eye lids with clean fingers
    • Really helps eye shadow last and not crease!
  5. Setting powder
    • NYC Translucent Pressed Powder
    • Apply lightly all over face with kabuki brush
    • Cheap, matte, long lasting
  6. Blush
    • The Body Shop Blush (it made my monthly favorites in February)
    • Apply with Real Techniques blush brush
  7. Eyebrows
    • Use spooli brush to get those lil' hairs in their places!
    • "Sexpresso" eyeshadow to fill in (from Too Faced Natural Eyes palette)
    • Clear mascara to keep them in place all day
  8. Eye shadow
    • I'm currently switching between a few palettes
    • Naked 1 is my holy grail go-to palette
  9. Liquid Liner
    • L'Oreal Linear Intense in Carbon Black
    • Apply only to my upper lash line
  1. Mascara
    • Day time go-to: Maybelline Lash Stilleto
    • Night-time/weekend go-to: Maybelline the Rocket
    • Apply to top and bottom lashes
If you have something I should try out in my routine, leave a comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment