Friday, April 11, 2014

There's an App for That: MyFitnessPal Review

An app I have been loving on my iPhone is MyFitnessPal.  It helps you keep track of your daily food intake and exercise.
To start, you put in all of you information and what your goals are (to lose weight, gain weight, etc).  Then, you put in everything you eat and how many calories you burn from your workouts (I use a heart rate monitor to keep track).  The app is basically a food and exercise journal that is incredibly easy to use and helpful in keeping you on track.

One of my favorite things about MyFitnessPal is the bar code scanner.  You can scan the bar code on pretty much any food (a cheese stick, pretzels, an avocado [yep, really!]) and it will find it.  Simply adjust how much of each food you eat, and boom- calories added.  Not only does this app count your calories, it breaks down your carbs, fat, protein, sugar, vitamins, sodium, etc.
I also love the water cup counter.  It totally helps keep me on track to drink a ton of water throughout the day, because I can see it (if you look at MyFitPal on the computer, the glass becomes full after 8 glasses of water - and if it's not full, I feel like I lost points for the day!).

If you're looking for something to help you keep track of what you're eating (even if you don't have a weight loss/gain goal), MyFitPal is really a great resource.  I have used it on and off in the past, but when I am using it, I find it helps me significantly to stay on track.

Have a great weekend!  Mine should be pretty interesting (hint: I'm crossing a big thing off my list!), but you'll see in my recap on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment