Friday, July 25, 2014

Favorite Spots: The Outer Banks

Every year since I was 5, my family and I have taken the 6 hour drive to the Outer Banks.  My mom has a house in Duck and this place holds a lot of memories for me.  Growing up my sisters and I spent our Easter mornings hunting for eggs on the beach and our Thanksgiving evenings walking next to the ocean.  Over the years we have found some great places!  Be sure to check these out if you're headed to OBX!

5 Places to See: OBX

1.  Morris Farm Market





Within the last hour of our drive, Morris Farm Market comes up and you gotta stop.  Fresh fruit, a bunch of different ciders, and boiled peanuts are some of the treats featured here.  The strawberry and peach ciders are delicious, but you can sample all the others and decide for yourself!

2.  Duck Donuts



I posted a full review Wednesday on this amazing place.  The best freshly made donuts with locations throughout the OBX.  Anything else you need to know?!

3.  Sweet T's




A few mornings this week I biked or walked into town to stop in my favorite coffee cafe (I'm writing from Sweet T's right now!).  Besides having great coffee, Sweet T's offers free WiFi, beer on tap, create your own 6-packs, a huge selection of wine, good music, and an awesome location.  A perfect place to start your morning, I recommend the iced chai latte and a biscotti - yumm!

4.  Duck Deli



Dinner at Duck Deli is another annual tradition.  Get there early or there will be a wait (worth it).  This tiny restaurant serves an amazing shredded BBQ chicken sandwich.  Start your meal off with an order of hush puppies and you're set!

5.  Coastal Cantina




With live music every night, frozen margaritas, and, my favorite, mexican food, Coastal Cantina is a great place to hang out after doing some shopping at the Waterfront Shops.  I suggest starting with the queso and trying the shrimp quesadillas!

--------------------

If you're visiting the Outer Banks, be sure to add a few of these spots to your list.  I'll be dreaming of donuts the whole drive home ;)... Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment