Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Favorites

Every year I hate saying goodbye to July!  It is my favorite month for many reasons, and this July was another fun one I'll remember.  I do have quite a few fun trips coming up in August, so I am really looking forward to the next few weeks!  Here are my favorites from this month...
 

Book: Gone Girl



I ended up reading Gone Girl in three days ... I lent it to my friend and she read it in a week!  My mom listened to it on tape during her drive to and home from the Outer Banks.  This book (4/10 on my 25 before 25 list) was suspenseful, interesting, and surprising - three things that will definitely keep your attention. 

I loved how the author went back and forth between points of view.  When I lent it to my friend, Allison, she asked if it was a love story.  Once you have read this book you will understand why that question was so hard for me to answer!  Gone Girl is coming out as a movie in October, but read the book first (they're always better!).

Memory: Birthday weekend




I've said it once five million times, best birthday ever.  You can read about it and see lots of pictures here and here.

Find: Crest Be Dynamic Toothpaste in Lime Spearmint Zest



Don't judge this until you try it!  I'm the first person to think "uhhh... lime mint toothpaste?! Gross!"  I picked up a trial size of this on clearance at Target 'cause I was feeling dangerous it was $0.50 so I figured why not?  This is my new favorite toothpaste to use in the morning!  The lime flavor is not overpowering, but wakes you up in the morning and adds another layer of freshness to your average toothpaste.  Try it and tell me what you think!

Make-Up Item: Too Faced Boudoir Eye Shadow Palette

This palette was a birthday gift from my sister (in-law) Alli, and I big-sparkly-pink-heart LOVE it!  The colors are so soft and gorgeous, and can easily be amped up to take a look from day to night.  Garter Belt and Voulez-Vous create the most beautiful smoky eye!  If you're looking for a new palette, this one is worth trying.

---------------

I hope you all had a great July!  See you back here in August ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment