Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weekend in Pictures: Birthdays Galore!

This past weekend consisted of baking, jumping on moon bounces, pizza, baking, pumpkin beer, baking and signing happy birthday (x3)!  My niece turned 4 and my nephew/godson/favorite little man turned 2.  We celebrated with a Moon Bounce party for Abby and a family party for the both of them.

I did a little bit of baking for the kid party on Saturday; it was Frozen themed so we went with snowflake sugar cookies and "snowball" Oreo truffles aka crack.



The birthday princess pre-bouncing!  So sweet to watch her with all her little friends :)
After bouncing around and racing through the moon bounce obstacle course, we headed home.  The rest of my Saturday looked like this...



For the family party I baked both of the kids birthday cakes.  I love how the Pinterest-inspired ombre Frozen cake turned out and I definitely want to use that technique again soon.  I would love to try it with purple or pink (duh super girly).




The kids we very excited to open gifts (who can blame them?!).  One of my most memorable birthdays was by 7th when I got a boombox, the Spice Girls CD, AND Spice World the movie.  I mean really, does it get better than that?!  For the time being, Abby is (obviously) into Frozen, Princesses, and My Little Pony.  Chase is loving dinosaurs and cars.



At this point Abby is saying, and I quote, "this is taking forevvvver."
After Chase realized what was in the box he was excited to try it out!
I still can't believe Abs turned 4 this year!  She's a sassy little one and is totally aware everything that's going on; can't get much past her anymore.  She is very smart and was excited for her Frozen Treasure chest :)


Cake time... Chasey boy wasn't having it and Abby had a sneaky little grin!  I served both cakes with strawberries as suggested by the birthday girl, and now I think they should be an addition to every cake ever.




Scott and I finished the busy weekend with a trip to Target where I found my new FAV snack.  I looove the Snap Pea Crisps so when I saw these new Lentil Snaps I was all about them.  They are delish.


Someone was not happy to be in Target... how is that even possible?
It was a busy but fun couple of days.  This weekend we're headed to Nikki and Matt's wedding which happens to be at the most beautiful venue ever!!!... where we got married :)  We are so looking forward to that.

Happy Hump Day!  Two and a half days til the weekend y'all!

2 comments:

  1. G... Those cakes, they're amazing! And lentil snaps?! I must find those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Find them at Target my friend ;)

      Delete