Monday, September 22, 2014

Restaurant Festival!

Every fall Scott and I so look forward to the Chester County Restaurant Festival!  A bunch of vendors come together to serve some incredible food and sell a variety of interesting things.  As always, it was a very warm day, but gorgeous none the less.  As the last official day of summer, it was a perfect send-off to such a lovely season.  Liz, Scott and I walked into town for a day full of food!




We tried a bunch of ah-maz-zing food, starting with Korean BBQ Pork sliders and Pietro's Prime.  They were served on soft little rolls that reminded me of Kings' Hawaiian sweet rolls.  The pulled pork was really tender and had a little Korean kick with chili pepper flakes.



The next stop: The Cow and The Curd.  This was our favorite spot last year, so we were thrilled they came back!  We got the curd combo with fried Wisconsin cheddar and goat cheese curds, served with a sweet red sauce and a spicy tomato creamy sauce.  They were so good!  Follow @cowandthecurd if you want to find out where they'll be next.




Deadly Delicious Treats served up the BEST strawberry cheesecake macaron ice cream sandwich and salted caramel bread pudding!  I've been wanting to try a macaron ice cream sandwich forever, so I was pretty psyched to get one!  We were all so happy with our desserts and we went into instant sugar comas.




After a lot of digesting and walking, I decided to try one more dish.  The last thing I tried were bonbon tacos from Bonbon Sushi, a new sushi place in town.  The taco shells were made of of wontons, and filled with cucumber, lettuce, and (I think) crabstick.  Whatever it was, they were delicious!  We will definitely be trying out this new sushi spot.


Scott is a huge fan of BBQ ribs, so he had to get a few from Cap'n Dick's BBQ.  It was our last stop of the day, and Scott said the ribs were pretty good.  Last year he ended up getting a few of the last ribs left and the same thing happened this year.  I think some of the earlier batches may have been better, but Scott still enjoyed his!



Another successful year at the Chester County Restaurant Festival!  Oh, and did I mention?  Liz and I were (briefly) on QVC!  Thanks to @MaryQVC, we got to profess our love of mac-n-cheese to 2 million people on live TV.  Ahhhh... memories.

This week I'll be sharing my Fall Fashion Wish List and (hopefully) a yummy pumpkin recipe I'm working on.  Happy Monday and, more importantly, Happy FIRST DAY OF FALL!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment