Friday, September 19, 2014

Foodie Friday: A Benny Good Breakfast at Market Street Grill

Last Saturday after the farmers market, Scott and I decided to see if we could get into Market Street Grill for breakfast.  Every time we try, they usually have a pretty long line but we got early enough Saturday to walk right in (score!).  The service was quick and they got our orders right; always something I look for at places.


My handsome brunch date!
I loooove the art at Market St.  It's bright and fun to look at, plus it adds great decor and ambiance.  There are different paintings all over the restaurant, but they all have the same feel and look.  Obviously Miss Holly Golightly caught my eye...



Alright, on to the bennys!  I ordered the Mainline Eggs Benedict which was two poached eggs served on corn bread with avocado and classic hollandaise sauce.  It was SO good!  Whoever thought to put eggs benny on cornbread is a genius.  And  add avocado???  Ay yi yi!  That was the cherry on top... A+!  With this dish you get sweet and savory - perfect me me since I can never decide between the two.  The hash browns were decent, too, but the Mainline benny was the star for sure.  I wasn't able to finish it, but I definitely tried!


Scott ordered the Classic Eggs Benedict, served on an English muffin with Canadian bacon.  This dish won Best of the Mainline 2013, so he was definitely excited to try it.  I'm not a fan of Canadian bacon, but Scott loved it!  Again, he said the hash browns were "decent."  Next time we may try to switch them out for a side of fruit.


Definitely a breakfast treat that we don't indulge in often, but these bennys were worth every calorie!  Scott and I give them two thumbs up, good work Market St. Grill!

We're looking forward to the Restaurant Festival Sunday, so you'll definitely see some pictures from that next week :)  Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

1 comment: