Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: Beats Solo 2

For my birthday this year Scott gave me a pair of Beats headphones.  He originally picked out the soloHD pair in teal, but after trying them out twice, I decided I wasn't the biggest fan of them.  They felt cheap for how much they cost. 

We took them back to Best Buy and upgraded to the solo2 headphones in gloss gray.  In my opinion, the extra $30 to get the solo2's was totally worth it.  They seem much nicer, are better quality, and sound great.  Disclaimer: I do not use these headphones at the gym... not interested in getting them all gross and sweaty!

 

I love these headphones for a lot of reasons.  The first is totally superficial - they are good looking.  I love the color, a mix of gray and baby blue, and they look so fun!  I'm a fan of big headphones, and there are definitely some perks to the size of these guys. 

The solo 2's cancel outside noise very well (something they HD's did not).  Scott laughs because I tend to speak pretty loudly when I'm listening to my music with them on.  I may or may not be guilty of dancing around my house while rocking out to Katy Perry's "Birthday" lately...

One of the most important thing about headphones is the sound quality, and these sound great.  They have a good amount of bass, and sound very clear.  I'm not a DJ or headphone collector, but these sounds awesome to me :)


I also really like how the headphones fold up to be stored.  They are bigger, so to be able to fold them into a more manageable size is a great feature.  The solo2 headphones also come with a soft case for packing.


Overall, I love these headphones!  It was absolutely worth it to upgrade to these from the soloHD pair, there really is a big difference for that extra $30.  If you're looking for a new pair of big ole' headphones, these are worth a try!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color, a mix of gray and baby blue, and they look so fun! ... ibeatssolo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete