Friday, August 29, 2014

August Favorites

Oh hi, September.  Yep, I see you creeping in and ending my summer... tempting me with your fall sweaters, dark nail colors, and pumpkin spice lattes beer.  Alrigggghht, I will admit I love love love me some fall.  I'm always sad to see summer go, but fall is such a lovely season.  Plus, my first wedding anniversary is coming up annnnd we're getting closer to my favoritest holiday ever (hint: it's Christmas). Before I get ahead of myself, here's a quick look back at my favorite things this past month!

1. Memory - Dwyer Family Reunion



If you follow me on Instagram, you know I'm off floating in the water or laying on the beach in Curacao... so my favorite memory of the month may be changing quickly ;).  For the month of August so far, my favorite part was hands down the Dwyer Family Reunion.  If you didn't know, both my dad and his brother passed away within 5 months of each other last year.  As you can imagine, it was an incredibly painful and trying year for my family, and getting together was exactly what we needed.  To be able to see each other and offer support and some laughs was so comforting - plus we had a beautiful weekend!

2. Hair Product - TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo in "Smoothing"



I bought this on a whim after I ran out of my last dry shampoo and boy am I happy I did!  This stuff smells amazing and gives my hair body all day.  All of dry shampoos I've tried tend to wear off and my hair gets greasy by the end of the day, but this product is really awesome!  It blends into my hair nicely and doesn't leave a white cast like others I've tried.

3. Find - S'mores Candy Corn



If you saw my latest recipe, you know I have a serious love for anything s'mores.  Candy corn is one of my all time fave candies (especially the pumpkins!), so when I saw a lil bag of SMORES CANDY CORN I knew I needed some in my life.  Its delicious and if you're a fan of both these things, try it!

4. Songs - Taylor Swift "Shake it Off" and Hozier "Take Me To Church"




These two songs are basically opposites so obviously I can't get enough of either. Half of me is an 18-year-old obsessed with Tay-Tay and the other half just needs some gospel- nah'em sayin?!

----------------

Hope you all had a fantastic August, I think I'll end mine with another margarita on the beach!  Can't wait to share some pictures from our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment