Thursday, March 13, 2014

#4. Create a Gallery Wall

On a trip to Target Sunday night, I was surprised to find everything in home décor on sale... plus a 15% off coupon in the CartWheel app and 5% off with my RedCard, it was time to tackle the gallery wall!  I spent about $95 total, and filled in the selves with frames and other things I had around the house.  I am so happy with how the wall turned out.  There were a few curse words thrown at screws and a hammer along the way and some frames may be hiding a few extra holes, but it was very much worth the effort.  Here is everything I picked up from Target:


The first thing I did was get my tools together and lay everything out on the floor to figure out the placement.  After moving each piece around a few times, this is the layout I came up with.

Since I wasn't hanging all square pieces or things that needed to line up perfectly, I just kind of went for it.  I started from the bottom (now I'm here) and worked my way up the layout.  The shelves were a pain to hang because I had trouble getting the wall anchors in.  I ended up eliminating one of the smallest shelves, adding three frames frames and a little wooden saying that we got for our wedding.  I printed out a "G" and an "S" for the two dark frames, a "Home is wherever I am with you" printout (you can find here), and switched out a few things I originally planned to use on the shelves.  I am really happy with the outcome and crossing another thing off my list!

 
What you should have learned - don't let you walls be boring!!! Every morning I walk downstairs and see my new gallery wall, it makes me smile.  Spending a little time and money can make a huge difference in your home.
 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog geeges. Are you going to blog about my birthday cheesecake!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Moll! You never know... could be my first recipe blog ;)

      Delete