Thursday, January 29, 2015

January Favorites

First favorites of 2015!  Is it just me or did January fly??  On one hand I'm super excited that we're one month closer to warmer weather, but I'm really not trying to wish my life away.

Elvis Duran was talking about living in the moment this morning on the radio and that these really are the days.  I'm trying to channel that thought process.... anyway, let's talk favorites!


1. Alex & Ani Positive is How I Live Bracelet

This bracelet was a Christmas gift from one of my most darling friends and I have worn it almost every day since.  The meaning behind this piece is all about being positive and sharing that kindness with people throughout your day.  My favorite part of the description that came with this was to "greet each day with an open heart because every situation is enhanced with enthusiasm."  Each time I wear this bracelet and it catches my eye during the day, it's a little reminder to think and be positive.

2. Cabin Socks

Scott gave me two pairs of these for Christmas and I cannot stop wearing them.  I'm usually not a huge fan of fuzzy socks because they're too big to wear with shoes and they make my feet overheat.  But these fuzzy socks are like a little bit of heaven.  They are slimmer (if that makes since when talking about socks) than previous fluffy socks I've had, and they're infused with aloe that keeps your feet warm but super soft and cool at the same time.  Is that even possible...?  I don't know how they do it, but these are really great socks.

3. Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum

This has been my skin lifesaver this month.  I have sensitive skin that doesn't do well with many moisturizers which can be a huge problem in the cold, windy winter.  I won this product through Allure (score!) and when it came in the mail I was so excited.  It is luxurious and silky; a little goes a long way.  The serum it definitely pricey ($75), but if it's within your budget, it's worth trying.

4. Mike's Hot Honey

After reading about this on philly.com, I hopped right on over to Google and ordered my bottle.  I placed my order on a Thursday and received it Saturday morning and started to think of things I could try it on.  The first thing I had it on was one of the recommended pairings- pizza!  This stuff is sweet but seriously spicy; it is so good.  Since then I've been trying to come up with anything and everything to put this on.  They recommend trying in a cocktail; if you have any ideas leave me a comment!

5. PB2 & CPB2

Yes, powdered peanut butter has made my monthly favorites.  Originally I was only using PB2 and CPB2 (chocolate peanut butter!!!) in my protein shakes, but once I followed the instructions to make this into actual peanut butter, there is no going back.  It's so easy (2 T. powder, 1 T. water) and it mixes up just like regular peanut butter, with much less fat and fewer calories.  If you're a peanut butter lover looking for a healthier alternative, give this a try.

----------------------

I hope you liked my favorites this month, I wanted to switch up the format a little to include some treats as well as products.  Feel free to leave a comment letting me know some of your favorites this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment