Friday, January 9, 2015

25 Before 25: Six Months To Go!

Holy cow- tomorrow is my half birthday which means I only have 6 months to check everything off of my list, and there is quite a bit left!  I can't believe I wrote this list a year ago.  

I feel like I've done a good job checking things off (and there are quite a few things in progress), but I really want to accomplish everything on it!  Here's what's left:
  1. Read 10 books based on others recommendations - 6/10 finished, reading #7 now.
  2. Write a letter to my 35 year old self - This is started but it's a tough one.
  3. Visit 3 new places - 2 places visited and going to New Orleans in April!
  4. Make macaroons from scratch - I've got the ingredients and the recipes, now just need the time.
  5. Random act of kindness - I want this to be special, still trying to pick the right moment.
  6. Write 1 handwritten letter a month - 12/19 sent, 7 to go.
  7. Gather my own meal and cook it
  8. Grow a lemon tree - Living at my mom's for the winter (she has more sun).
  9. Jump off a cliff into water
  10. Knit myself a scarf - I have the supplies... and have had them for a year.
  11. Take a class through Chester County Night School - Anyone want to join? :)
  12. Visit the 9/11 memorial
  13. Add 5 family recipes to my recipe book - 2 added so far.
  14. Watch three classic old movies - 1/3 watched (and loved!).
  15. Record an interview with mom - I've started writing my questions, planning on March.
  16. Take a spontaneous weekend trip with my friends - planned for February 21.
  17. Write a book with my mom and sisters about my dad - in progress!
Looking at this list looks like I have a lot to do! But, pretty much everything really is in progress. I think once I finish this list I want to make a 30 before 30, or maybe even 26 before 26.

I love how putting this together has forced me to take vacations and chances and learn new things. I really believe everyone should try this. Instead of saying "I wish I knew how do that" or "I would love to go on vacation there"- you have to just go for it! Maybe for me, making a list helped remind me of what I wanted to accomplish.

I'll keep you posted on how the rest of this list goes. This weekend I'm going to try work on a few more things... Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

1 comment: