Thursday, February 26, 2015

Things I Would Give Up Lent For

So I gave up sweets for lent.  I'm not even Catholic but I figured, why not??  I should not be eating sweets daily anyway.  How hard can 40 days in a row be?

Scott joined me in the sweets boycott.  We decided it includes chocolate, candy, cakes, cookies and ice cream.  Anything that you think "ehhh... this is going to require a whole helluva lot of squats to burn off" and is loaded or topped with sugar counts.

But now, I'm a week plus one day in and this is totally lame.  The first three days were like "okay, cool.  I can do this.  I don't even miss sweets."  Then day four I thought "man I would love a piece of chocolate."  Now I'm dreaming about ice cream covered donuts swimming in whipped cream.  WTF???

However, it's not worth breaking this goal for a little piece of chocolate or a bite of ice cream.  It would take something really good and special to break me now!  I'm not quitting (yet), but here's a little list of what I would quit for if these things just happened to be put in front of me.

Things I Would Give Up Lent For


1. Cookie Butter and/or Nutella - these don't need an explanation they just need a spoon.


2. Cookie Butter Ben & Jerry's - if I find this all bets are off.


3. Jimmy Fallon's The Tonight Dough Ben & Jerry's - see above.


4. Shamrock Shake with a side of Irish Potaotes - why is all the good stuff coming out this time of year??



-------------------------------------------------

So.... yep.  That's where my mind is at today!  Lent ends while I'm in New Orleans so I'm going crazy for all the beignets I can get my hands on!

Maybe some of you are suffering with whatever you gave up.  Let's not suffer in silence, y'all!  Good luck... only 37 days to go.  Also, I thought this whole thing was only 40 days - what gives??

P.S. - If you're a true lenter, more power to ya.  Sorry if this post offends you.

No comments:

Post a Comment