Wednesday, April 15, 2015

New Orleans - Part 1

Oh, N'awlins.  You taught me quite a few things like the correct way to say pralines (prah-leens) and that violinists can get down to some jazz!  I figured out a few things on my own too; apparently having your boobs out while walking down Bourbon St. is totally fine, and Cafe du Monde beignets totally trump those from Cafe Beignet.

We had such a fun trip visiting the French Quarter, riding bikes through the Garden District, visiting Tulane's campus and trying a ridiculous amount of good food.  The two best restaurants that we tried were definitely Café Amelie (my review) and Emeril's NOLA restaurant.  I didn't get to do a review on NOLA, but it was incredible!  The food and service were so amazing and it was a great spot for Liz's birthday dinner.  If you're planning on trying it, I definitely recommend you wait to order Shrimp & Grits at NOLA!

Get ready for picture overload, here's a look at part one of our trip to New Orleans!  We started out first day with lunch, a walk along the Mississippi and exploring the French Quarter.








I discovered my official new favorite place ever.... SUCRÉ!  This "sweet boutique" (which you'll see again in another post) has an incredible macaron selection, all different desserts, and gelato flavors.  I tried as many things as I could from Sucré and it was so stinkin' good.  More to come ;)


As we walked through the F.Q., Liz (obviously) stopped to see a dog, we came across lots of street performs, and looked at all the art around Jackson Square and the St. Louis Cathedral.






Saturday night we enjoyed dinner at Johnny Sanchéz (forgot my camera - oops!).  The creme brûlée was my favorite part, of course.

Sunday was Liz's 21st birthday!  We started the day with beignets from Cafe du Monde, followed by brunch at Café Amelie, and a visit to the French Market for (more) pralines.









Part two of our trip will pick up with the Easter parades and seeing a lot more of New Orleans beyond the French Quarter!  Hope you enjoyed seeing all these pictures and meet me back here for more NOLA later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment