Friday, November 7, 2014

My First Stitch Fix

Last night I came home to my first Stitch Fix box!  Stitch Fix is a subscription service for clothing and accessories.  You can choose to have a box come every couple of weeks, monthly or bi-monthly.  I decided to start with bi-monthly to see how I liked it.

For $20, a personal stylist reviews your style survey as well as your Pinterest boards and anything else you send them.  They pick out five pieces and send them to you.  You have three days to try everything on, decide what you want to keep, and send the rest back (free shipping!).  The $20 stylist fee goes toward anything you buy, but if you don't buy anything, you still pay the fee.


To be honest when I saw the box I thought "hmm.. that's kinda small for five items.  What did they send me?!"  I was definitely interested to see what was inside.  I'm a big fan of packaging, so here's a look inside the box.


There's an adorable card with images of each item and how you could style them.  I actually really appreciated this because I could tell that I had a lot of the items they were pairing pieces with and I felt comfortable with the choices.  There is also a price list so that you know how much each piece is, but we'll get to that.


Here are the five items inside my Stitch Fix box!  I saw an amazing cardigan, a lovely lace sleeved top, a gold statement necklace, a chevron blouse, and maroon printed pants.  When I saw the pants were a medium I laughed out loud like, yeah, this is going to go well.  They looked tiny when I held them up but I figured what the hell, gotta try em!



This is where I need help.  EVERYTHING fits and (I think) looks really cute!  Should I keep a few pieces or all of it?  Please excuse the selfies and dirty mirror here...  First up are three pieces from the box: the lace sleeved top, the pants (that fit awesome!) and the gold necklace.  I took some pictures so you could see the detail (see the pants above and the shirt and necklace below).  I paired the outfit with my ankle booties to see how it would actually look.



Next up is the sweater I'm actually obsessed with.  I tried it on with distressed skinnys, a tan tank and my beloved ankle boots.  I don't think I have to say too much about this BEAUT!


Finally, the last item is the chevron blouse.  I paired it with a Stitch Fix suggested tan skirt and black heels.  I think this would be a great look for work.  The sleeves also roll up and button, so the top could be worn a bit more casually.


I need help decided what to keep!  A (big) part of me just wants to keep the whole box.  If you purchase all 5 items, you get a pretty major discount (for this box it's $75 bucks off).  So, to keep all 5 items would be $229.  If I only keep my top three (the lace top, pants and sweater) it's $204, so for an extra $25, I would get to keep this chevron top and necklace.  Heeeelp!

I will say I am officially in love with Stitch Fix.  The fact that everything in my box fit and I liked everything honestly shocked me.  I'm not a big doubter but I didn't think it would go so smoothly.  Definitely looking forward to my next fix!  I also really loved the fact that I could try everything on at home with pieces that I already have.  It was so convenient to see how each item would fit into my wardrobe.

Please leave a comment here or on my Instagram telling me what you think I should keep!  Have a great weekend y'all J

1 comment: