Friday, July 17, 2015

Weckerly's Ice Cream Sandwich Taste Test!

I found Weckerly's on Instagram a few weeks ago and having been dying to try something from them!  The pictures they post are not only gorgeous, but they look delicious.  I was also intrigued by the unique flavors they would share (this week was a mouthwatering banana fluffernutter - yes, please!).

When I found out my birthday dinner was going to be at Terrain last weekend, I connected the dots and remembered Terrain started carrying Weckerly's ice cream sandwiches.  The stars aligned and I was able to pick up four different flavors for Scott and I.  We tried a different one each night this week and I'm excited to share what we thought!

Little disclaimer, these puppies were $5.50 a pop which for locally sourced, small batch, micro-creamery ice cream, I was okay with.  But I definitely wanted them to be good (crossed fingers and toes).  Okay, on with the taste test!


The first sandwich we tried was the classic Black & White on chocolate chip cookies!



The cookies were nice and soft and the cookie-to-ice cream ratio was perfect.  I thought it was more chocolate-y, but Scott said chocolate just overpowers vanilla.  Not a bad thing - it was really good!  We obviously enjoyed the chocolate chip addition in the cookies; you can't go wrong with classic chocolate chip.  This sandwich made us excited for the next three nights!

Tuesday night it was time for Blueberry the Pirate which was a super blue blueberry ice cream on cardamom graham cookies.



This ice cream was such a pretty shade of deep purple-y blue; I could tell it wouldn't be lacking any blueberry favor.  Let me preface this one by telling you Scott is not a huge blueberry fan and I like-but-don't-love them.  I really, really enjoyed this sandwich!  The blueberry was such a true flavor and was not weighed down by a bunch of sugar or anything fake tasting.  This wasn't Scott's favorite of the four, but that certainly didn't stop him from finishing his half!

Next we tried Chocolate Cherry Malt on praline cookies (insert emoji with big ole heart eyes)!



New Orleans flashback!  These walnut praline cookies reminded me of the big easy in a very good way.  The chocolate ice cream was as delicious as the first Weckerly's sandwich we tried, but the addition of the sour cherry and the buttery, toffee like cookies took this sandwich over the top!  It wasn't the easiest to eat but the messiness was 100% worth it!

Last but really-really-really not least, Strawberry Lovage on lemon shortbread!



I am a huge strawberry and lemon fan, but wasn't sure what lovage even was.  It's a herb usually found in salads or soups, but in this ice cream sandwich, it provides an earthy flavor I loved!  The strawberry ice cream had the same realness as the blueberry, the preserves in between the two layers was heaven, and the lovage ice cream was a whole new flavor experience.  Cloud nine?  Reached.

You may have been able to guess through my reviews, but here's our official rankings of all four Weckerly's ice cream sandwiches we tried!


I will definitely be keeping my eye out for more Weckerly's treats to test.  You can follow them on instagram (@weckerlys) or visit their website.  If you happen to come across any of these bad boys, I would highly recommend trying them!  How could you resist from these pictures??

Have a great sweet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment