Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Love of Lists Lives On.... a.k.a. I Need Your Help!!!

Ahh the 25-before-25 list.  What an amazing decision is was to write that list.  I am feeling so damn proud of writing and accomplishing 23(ish) things on it!  



I didn't get to jump off a cliff into water and I'm only halfway done the interview with my mom.  For number 25 (write a book with my mom and sisters about my dad), I didn't technically say that we had to finish the book, and I have been working on it! For the most part, I think I did a pretty freaking good job.

It feels amazing to have done things over the past 18 months that I had been wanting to do and always saying I would try. I saw new places, tried new recipes, read new books and made new habits. I realized how much people enjoy receiving letters and how easy it is perform random acts of kindness. I learned how to knit and finish a scarf (just a few days after the last snow of the season) and got an amazing tattoo.

Along the way a lot of people asked if I would make another list.  And if I did, what would it be and what would I change.  I have decided I will most definitely be making another list!  These really aren't rules, but considerations I will keep in mind when writing my new list.

Things to Consider When Making My (next) List:

  1. Make realistic goals - Writing an entire book in 18 months may not have been realistic, but working on a book was.
  2. Give yourself leeway - Jump off a cliff into water was pretty specific.  Do something that scares you or gives you an adrenaline rush covers the same premise with a little more leniency.
  3. Start planning the big things earlier - Scheduling some time aside to take a trip or do something that requires more time/traveling will help keep me more on track to not leave things to the last minute!
-------------------------------------------

This is where you guys come in to help me!!!  My creative juices need to be refilled.

I've decided to give myself two years for the next list, 27-before-27 here I come.

I need your help adding things onto my new list!  Even if you haven't before, leave me a comment with a suggestion to add to it!  You'll see if your idea makes the cut when I share my list in a couple of weeks!

Thanks in advance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment